February 25, 2012 | in Nanny
Who doesn’t love games? All games are fun right? Except the one game that both parents and children dread…the waiting game. Whether you are waiting in line to go to the bathroom at a busy stadium or in line to ride a roller coaster, the kids are antsy and fading fast and you need help and quick:
- I spy- I spy with my little eyes something…this game is great for keeping the kid aware of their surroundings. Pick any object in your location and start describing without giving it away. First one to guess wins and then gets to be the question master.
- Would you rather- This can get silly and fun! Ask a serious of questions like “Would you rather eat a worm or Brussels sprouts?” Tons of giggles to follow.
- Rock Paper Scissors- Easy game and requires no equipment or supplies. Try doing the best 3 out of 5. Rock beats scissors, paper beats rock, scissors beats paper. Choose wisely!
- Name that tune- Think of a song, start of easy with like “Mary Had a Little Lamb” and work your way up to harder songs. Take turns and start guessing.
- Tic Tac Toe- If you have one pen and a scrap of paper you are in luck! Tic Tac Toe is easy and fun, a great way to kill time, just be careful and watch out for Cat’s game.
- Quiet Game-Ha! A great trick that most kids fall for, that’s if you haven’t used this one too many times. Tell your kid the first one to laugh or giggle or make a peep is the loser. Kids love a challenge. Plus you get at least 5 minutes of quiet time, free of complaints.
- Staring Contest- Another crowd pleaser. Stand face to face and eye level. Frist one to blink loses!
- Slaps- Hold your hands out in front of you palms facing up, have your kid place their hands on top of yours palms facing down, slightly touching. You try to quickly move your hands and slap your child’s hands as they try to quickly move their hands out of the way. Repeat and switch. Tons of fun and lots of laughs.
- 20 Questions- A great time waster. Think of a person, place or thing and have your child guess with asking 20 yes or no questions. And then vice versa.
- Thumb War- Another game that you don’t need equipment and supplies! Be sure that you both keep your free hand behind your back, this adds some difficulty. Remember captain’s help.
So next time you are standing in line remember that you have a list of games to pass that time. Try one if not all, before you know it you will be in front of the line. Happy waiting!
← 10 Ways to Treat the Common Potty Mouth | 10 Reasons Kids Cry on Airplanes →
Comments are closed.