November 3, 2011 | in Nanny
Imagine your child learning something new and exciting without even realizing that they are learning. Magazines for children, tweens and teens entertain, educate, inspire and motivate. Younger children have fun with activities, games and puzzles and receive the added benefit of a growing interest in reading. Older children can learn new things and improve their academics as science, math and technology material is presented in a kid friendly manner. Take a look below for some of the favorite magazines of kids and parents alike.
- Ranger Rick – One of the most popular magazines, Ranger Rick has been around for decades and continues to be one of the best for keeping kids interested and informed about the outdoors. It provides astounding photographs, amazing facts and all kinds of adventures and discoveries for boys and girls.
- Highlights for Children – This is another standard for children’s magazines. Highlights was first published in June 1946 and continues to be a favorite of kids from 2 to 8 today. The Timbertoes, Goofus and Gallant and Hidden Pictures are as much fun for children today as they were 65 years ago. Highlights for Children helps children to be their best with its emphasis on good values and it helps them learn to think critically. It has puzzles, stories, crafts, activities and much more.
- Discovery Girl – An excellent magazine for girls in middle school, Discovery Girl has articles that help girls deal with the issues of growing up along with stories of inspiration, quizzes and puzzles, contests and sports. Girls love it!
- Your Big Back Yard – Ever see a praying mantis up close? The pictures in Your Big Back Yard will show you all kinds of interesting creatures. Seasonal crafts, games and simple recipes will keep kids 3 – 7 years old very happy.
- Appleseeds – For children ages 6 – 9 who enjoy reading about current events, this award winning magazine has non-fiction articles about social studies.
- Nickelodeon Magazine – Kids ages 6-14 love this magazine because it’s full of fun, games, contests, articles and puzzles that keep their interest.
- Know: The Science Magazine for Curious Kids – Do you have a budding scientist? Or maybe you have an extra curious kid. This STEM magazine is one they will want to read. Know presents science, technology, engineering and math in a fun way for kids 6 – 9 years old.
- Yum – Designed for parents and kids, this magazine is full of fun recipes and party ideas that kids will really enjoy.
- Sports Illustrated Kids Magazine – Kids will get a kick out of the funny comics in this magazine but they will love the articles about their favorite sports figures.
- Zoo Books – Young children love the pictures of the animals and there is lots to do with the interactive activities that are included.
Magazines keep kids current on things of interest to them, and they can also broaden a child’s horizons by teaching them something new. Many magazines have a section where they can possibly have their own stories or hand drawn pictures published. Kids have favorite books that they enjoy hearing or reading over and over. With favorite magazines they get to have the fun of looking forward to something new every month or so.
← 10 Card Games for Kids | 10 Great Songs to Play for Nap Time →
Comments are closed.