August 4, 2011 | in Nanny
Everyone remembers his or her favorite childhood park. Parents try to choose the park their children go to based on what the park has to offer to the children. Sometimes they choose based on the equipment available, and some are chosen for historical reasoning. Others are chosen for themes. Here is a list of ten things awesome parks have in common for kids.
- Sports areas - The parks that many children and parents deem as being awesome tend to have sports courts, or in many cases, a sports complex to give the children a chance to participate in their favorite sports. Many parks have even started classes or sports teams as a way of promoting the park, but it also benefits the child in learning good sportsmanship, while tenjoying a sport that interests them.
- A variety of age appropriate equipment - This gives the parent a chance to allow the seven year old to play with other older children, without the four or five year old getting into a position where they are too small to access the equipment safely. Many parks offer a separate area for the younger park patrons. These areas will have slides and different park equipment that is more suitable for that specific age group.
- Fun nature trails – Many children of all age groups enjoy learning about nature. Many parks offer at least one nature trail. The more awesome parks have a tendency to offer multiple trails, with little activity stations to further teach the children about the environment and the need to protect it.
- Picnic areas - This might not sound very important to some, but many people include the plan for a picnic or cookout in their park outings. If a park is lacking in either the picnic area or the grill area for a cookout, they may not enjoy the patronage of these families.
- Vending areas – This allows for ice cream, soda, chips, and juices to be readily available to the children. If a child goes to the park and is playing and having fun, snack time is sure to arrive. A vending area saves a trip home, because there are snacks and drink readily available.
- Themes – Most children love to use their imagination. Some of the great parks of today will allow them to take that imagination a step further. They bring a child’s imagination to life. Parks may have a play area in the shape of a castle, where young princesses and knights can slay the evil dragon. Some parks allow young pirates to sail the seven seas in search of buried treasure.
- Water slides - Even though mom and dad may not be able to partake in the activities, because they are too big, many children are ecstatic at the sight of a water slide. Parks everywhere have taken notice of this. Many parks actually have incorporated the idea or a mini water park as a way to make extra funds for the city during the summer months. Parks with water slides or water parks located inside will always be the first choice for any kid.
- Game days – All kids like to have fun outside and play in games where prizes are available. Many of the parks today offer this option, just for that reason. They know that mom or dad will likely bring the child for the festivities It allows the child to have fun and local businesses are usually willing to sponsor the prizes. It is beneficial to all involved.
- Concert for kids - Many kids love to listen to music that is geared towards their age group. Many of the parks that are deemed to be awesome by kids offer concerts during the day on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Allows kids to be kids - The main reason children love a park is that have a chance to be around people their own age and to be outside. A park that wants to be an awesome kids park needs to make the child its number one focus.
Parks with these things in common have the best ranking among kids today.
← 10 Super Fun Things to Do at the Park | How to Make Your Own Play-doh →
Comments are closed.